Sunday, March 28, 2010
1. Tell us about your people?
Sixteen8 is a Team of people from all walks of life as well as other country’s all working together to see the movement come together. We all have a set of particular skills we use to make the best clothing line in the WORLD lol…
2. How do you differentiate yourself?
Well we are heading in the direction of being completely organic from the tee’s to the tag and even going paper less on line just another small way to give back I hope. Also we have a purpose other then styles were in the business of providing hope.
3. Tell us about your your facilities?
Well for now it’s the kitchen table a computer and phone lol and a team of go getters.
4. Describe/outline your typical day?
Well to live my Sixteen8 I wake up and repeat some positive affirmations say my prayer and head to work. After those 8 hours I go for a run or some kind of work out then head home to get on the grind Business that is. I read a book NO! tv besides a hour and a half for down time to watch a movie. Call my partner check my accounts and sites then say my prayer and go to bed.
5. What is the start-up story behind your business?
Honestly a tattoo that I got that represented the grind put into a useable format that could serve as a reminder of what it is that I’m doing with my day and I told my partner about it. Then he said sounds like something to share with the world and then there was Sixteen8 a fashion statement to represent the best way to spend your day. Thanks for asking lol.
6. Where did your funding come from, and how did you go about getting it?
Well the best way I could the truth and starting out with having a plan of how much was needed to get to the goal were my business would be able to support it self with out my pay checks lol. But there was no real formula other then people who respect the truth in my vision and wanted to be apart of something real and decide to give back to organization that was really living what we put out. But you should get a business plan together to really get a real idea of what your business needs and ask your friends to be investors there your biggest fans at least I hope there mine.
7. How do you go about marketing your business? What has been your most successful form of marketing? The internet and word of mouth they really our big deal. We will hit the road go to trade shows, fashion shows any show with the ability to reach my target market and experiment with the ones that work and did not work and be your own billboard you will be your biggest form of advertisement you should talk, walk live your business to everyone you meet.
8. What stops you from throwing in the towel during those frustrating days of running your business? Knowing that everything happens for a reason that I can make serve me for the greater good and taking it one day at a time believing that God did not bring me this far to let me fail anyway but forward.
9. In one word, characterize your life as an entrepreneur.
10. What is your definition of success?
Over coming your biggest obstacle the one you had no idea how to reach and then moving on to one even bigger.
11. How do you achieve balance in your life?
By using Quite time to just think about the day before and the one to come. Reading every book on motivation, peace, love and balance I can fit into my day and listen to motivational tapes in the car on the go. Prayer and putting God first most times lol.
12. Do you believe there is a formula to becoming a successful entrepreneur?
Only one worth talking about NEVER GIVE UP! And watch the company you keep.
13. What pieces of advice would you give to aspiring entrepreneurs?
T o do anything you must educate your self on your trade and build the team to support your vision. Don’t try to do it all your self and learn when to say no and how to trust others with your vision. Never give up and there is always somebody else that’s done it before you so get in keep a coach of some sort of a mentor to inspire you to stay on track. Don’t expect to get rich over night and make it through the first five years and learn when to stop doing something that does not work.
14. Is there someone who has influenced you most and been your greatest inspiration?
Yea there is and please don’t judge me but it is… Jay-Z he made it from something to nothing and the most classic way ever. It just shows me that really anything is possible even with out going to college or being the smartest person ever like Bill gates.
15. Excluding yours, what company or business do you admire the most?
Speaking of Bill Gates Microsoft they change the way people live there lives and provide the world with the biggest change ever and I would like to provide that same thing with Sixteen8. A couple billion want hurt either lol.
16. Where do you see yourself and your business in 5 years? 10 years?
A premiere clothing line that showed the world that were more then fashion were a fashion statement. We will change way people buy clothes and buy into labels with out providing a community impact first.